back to article Pentagon cloud contract sueball: Oh no, Oracle doesn't need those docs, AWS tells court

Oracle's lawsuit over the Pentagon's $10bn cloud contract is cherry-picked "spin", AWS has said in a submission (PDF) aiming to stop Big Red accessing internal documents and deposing two former government staffers. Oracle is suing the US Department of Defense over its decision to hand the mega-cloud contract, Joint Enterprise …

1. Paul Crawford Silver badge

AWS sells face recognition to the gov for a small price, gov awards fat contract to AWS with little competition.

So? Nothing unusual here, move along, nothing to see...

2. old_IT_guy

A plague on both their houses, greedy fucktards that they all are

1. DJV Silver badge

Fully agree. However, it does look the force is stronger on the AWS side at the moment. I suspect much popcorn will be required before this all fizzles out!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

In this case, I suspect AWS is the lesser of two evils.

Oracle is fighting the loss of their expensive government hosting contracts because they know that moving to AWS means not only the loss of influence in US government IT, but that AWS will help move systems that should never have been on Oracle databases in the first place onto more appropriate platforms with the subsequent loss of licensing revenue.

The pork barrel will be considerably smaller....

I'm not trying to paper over any of the larger Amazon groups business methods, decisions or other government related contracts, but from the perspective of the majority of Americans (not being an American myself...) it's likely to result in more value for money in DoD IT....

3. DCFusor

Reached number 3

Seen on Groklaw, lo, these many years ago:

1. If you've got the facts, pound on the facts.

2. If you're got the law, pound on the law.

3. If you have neither, pound on the table.

Someone needs to mention to Larry that leisure suits and competition by lawsuit are both passe.

GoodLuckWithThat.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Reached number 3

Groklaw was -- still is -- an invaluable resource. Scanning some of the posts there this evening , I was struck by the truth of the words, "There is nothing new under the Sun".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like