back to article WD you like to know the damage? Analyst predicts sales dip ahead for Western Digital

The slump in Western Digital's SSD and disk drive sales is forecast to deepen for the current and next quarters, according to analysts. WD is expected to report financials for Q2 of fiscal 2019, which ended December 28, 2018, on 24 January. The shock slump started in the firm's Q1 of fiscal 2019, ended 28 September 2018, and …

1. An nonymous Cowerd

spinning disk purchase

for home use, I needed to buy some spinning rust, to backup my older spinning rusts, 6TB seemed to be the sweet point today, but the usual outlets were price gouging, seemingly?

I briefly considered a WD 6TB 3.5", but this was exactly double the price for an 6TB external USB3 for X-Box & PS4, I ended up buying a plastic box & USB3/sata interface in addition to the naked OEM drive with 2 years warranty, for half the WD Black £.

(accidentally double posted)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: spinning disk purchase

"for half the WD Black £."

Without knowing the specification of your USB drive, it's difficult to be sure, but on the face of it, it seems you're comparing apples and oranges.

Your external USB disk is probably comparable to a WD blue, or perhaps a WD Green if it's a relatively low power consumption USB disk.

I'd usually opt for WD red myself. I've only had one of those break when it got dropped 2 meters by accident....

2. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022