back to article Playing nice with a host of tech-pushers pushed OpenStack close to edge

If one thing stood out at OpenStack's Vancouver summit in May, it's that the open-source project isn't just about data centre-based cloud computing any more. When Rackspace and NASA founded OpenStack eight years back, they wanted it to drive more efficient computing in the data centre by delivering cloud computing resources on …

1. Starace
    Alert

Now just fix the bugs!

The tech is good, just a shame how you end up chasing releases and updates of the different components to get a working system. The QA process is really really poor.

It might also be a good idea to try to stabilise a bit rather than their current situation of chasing the latest shiny while simultaneously ignoring the requests for useful improvements.

I can honestly say I have spent 20 times as long chasing bugs, API changes and incompatibility as I have designing and building the actual infrastructure.

And don't even get me started on how quickly the instructions go out of date. I had one bit where - on the release builds - the commands changed three times inside a week.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like