back to article Drinks are on Cohesity, which has been handed $250m from investors

Secondary storage converger Cohesity has raised $250m in D-round funding. This follows a $90m C-round last year, taking the total raised, since it was founded in 2013, to $410m. The firm has bragged that this outpaces all other Series D enterprise software investments in the US over the last 18 months. The investors were led …

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Now, if only I knew what that all *meant*

Oh hum.

2. getHandle

It means someone's going to get taken to the cleaners.

3. CrazyHal

IPO is not the target

Mohit is on record as stating going IPO as only a means of additional funding. IPO is not his goal, unlike some of the competition. He is focused on the customers and product.

https://twitter.com/mohitaron/status/934241312798150657?lang=en-gb

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: IPO is not the target

Looking at that tweet "@Cohesity being tracked for an IPO. We're focused on delivering long-term value to our shareholders. An IPO is just a funding round along the way."

I see zero mention of customers or product, explicitly calls out delivering value to shareholders…

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My guys love it

After swearing and cursing at another household name product for years we bought this for our environment and the guys love it.

So long may they keep going.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No IPO anytime soon

A funding round like this signals that there wont be an IPO for at least another 3 years.

The days you'd hit $100mil revenue and go public are long gone. Witth this type of valuation they better have 250-300mil revenue om order to go public.

I see an uphill battle coming...

6. I am the liquor

Cohesity

Not bad for a company whose name sounds like something from a spoof motivational poster.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020