back to article Citrix sues VDI challenger Workspot

Citrix has taken legal action against desktop virtualization challenger Workspot, alleging patent infringement and false and misleading public statements. Workspot offers desktop virtualization (VDI) and application virtualization with its control plane entirely in the cloud, but desktops and applications either on-premises or …

1. Lee D

What the hell is up with your spelling this morning, Reg?

Misspelled words, missing characters, literally every article thus far published.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My guess

Reasonable weekend, invite to friends, too much rum... hic

Thanks for the Streisand to a better VDI provider than the over complex and expensive Citrix VDI. Workspot: Insanely Simple, Flat Rate Subscription, No Risk, what's not to like?

1. MAH

Re: My guess

Their client is based on RDP and the last I tried it was vastly inferior to the citrix receiver in almost every way.

I loved the concept, but it didn't really work anywhere near enough at the time for me to risk using it as a day to day solution for my hosting clients.

It also didn't have any type of builtin gateway and needed expensive SSL VPN clients to allow the remote connections.

Haven't looked at it in a while though....maybe its gotten better

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: My guess

RDP is perfectly fine for 99% of users since Windows 2008. Citrix's performance advantage never returned after the Windows Vista graphics subsystems changes.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021