back to article Cambridge Analytica rips and replaces acting CEO

The political analytics biz desperately attempting to weather the year’s biggest data harvesting scandal has had to ditch its second exec in less than a month. Cambridge Analytica announced late yesterday that its acting CEO Alexander Tayler - who has been in post since 21 March - was stepping down. Tayler took over after Old …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well they must read el reg, it's fixed now.

2. macjules Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Quite Right

He should have stopped acting and concentrated instead on data slurping more Facebook users.

3. EveryTime

Hmmm, adding 'CEO' to the CV while risking being smeared with shit for the rest of your career?

I guess even if you decide that the smear is worth it, you still don't want to take a long soak in it.

I expect a series of name changes is in their future, like Academi nee Xe nee Blackwater AKA Constellis AKA International Development Solutions.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Once you add 'CEO' to your CV you join the merry go round of f*ckwits that earn obscene amounts of money for doing f*ck all and receive your coat of Teflon.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

£200,000 Chandeliers anyone?

Not this year I suppose What a shitty shady outfit!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: £200,000 Chandeliers anyone?

After the bad press you'd think they'd stay low, below the radar. But no, instead they issued a round of fresh threats to the media including the Beeb. Anyone who gets into bed with this crowd deserves blowback! I predict this firm will fold eventually (so toxic they get cold shouldered). But watch out for Phoenix spinoffs!!!!

5. Mark 85 Silver badge
    Devil

Another CEO?

Maybe the job needs to be outsourced a month at time to some of us old graybeards who'd like to pad our retirement accounts. Go to the office... take some crap from press, governments, write an apology and promise never to do it again. Rinse, dry hands, repeat the next day. When the retirement account has been padded it enough, call it quits and let the next guy in line do it.

6. james swiers

Yes I think this firm will fold long term

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022