back to article DXC Tech CEO continues to wash away HPE old guard

DXC Technologies has helped pack the bags of another HPE old-timer with global sales honcho Larry Stack said to be leaving of his own volition, although his role will not be replaced. Stack was previously a chief sales officer at HPE Services for four years until he transferred with the business to DXC in April 2017 – lest we …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

does anyone care?

all these re-arranging of the deckchairs on the sinking ship that is DXC will make no difference.

Their 'cunning' plan is to cut costs at all costs (sic). By the time that they realise that it has gone too far it will be too late. All their customers will have bailed because of DXC has cut so much that their ability to support has gone TITSUP.

Posting AC as I had the (mis)fortune to work for both CSC and HP. (shudder.... how could I have been so foolish but it was the 1990's...)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Improving morale? Eventually

This is hardly a re-arranging of the deck chairs. Many of those execs are a good part of the reasons ES couldn't get its head out of its ass. There are a few more execs in the Detroit area that need to get canned as well. They did a pretty damn good job of screwing up the consulting services with their petty office politics and cronyism.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Improving morale? Never!

Sounds like typical HP-style thinking.

HPI, HPE, DXC, whatever, it doesn't matter, the execs and senior managers all think the same and are way too caught up in their petty scheming and backstabbing to actually effect any kind of change. It reminds me of Commissioned Officers in the Army, except the Army had the good sense to let the NCOs and Warrant Officers like myself run the show and get actual work done while the Commissioned Officers went around fucking each other over and showing off how great they were to other Officers that might sit on their promotion board. HP's like that, except that the people who know what they're doing are never/hardly ever in charge.

Hell, about the only former HP company that doesn't behave like that internally (from what I gather anyway, I'm at the printer company moonlighting in client PCs) is Agilent, and its likely because they're fortunate enough to have been spun off before the Mark "Harassment", Leo "Autonomy" and Meg "Divide et Impera" shit shows.

2. luis river

Other initiatives included rationalising office space... Ha ! Ha! Ha!.... very clever this state

3. Stoneshop
    Devil

Just about getting closer to customers,

Next step, getting the customer to do all the work themselves.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So DXC don't think they need a chief sales person...right...

5. Death_Ninja

On strike....

...maybe everyone will go out on strike to protest this sacking...

Looks like DXC Belgium has already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn8DYJ_kA_8

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just following IBM

IBM is getting rid of all its sellers and making customer log onto a web interface and buy themselves, with some assistance from Watson no doubt (would you like fries with that?)

DXC will follow IBM's lead like they always do.

1. Death_Ninja

Re: Just following IBM

...following IBM also into the grave...

But yes, you are right, DXC are no leaders of anything, simply followers. Bad followers.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DXC is in an utter tailspin

It must be hard work rearranging those deckchairs, seeing as how most of them are already under water ...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: DXC is in an utter tailspin

Ahhh but we're going to use Automation and AI to rearrange those deckchairs and Big Data to predict the pattern we need them and some sticky tape from Cyber to make sure that they don't slip off.

(By the time you have read this sentence, so has Wall Street and the stock price has leapt another $50!)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The company is doing a prety good impression of being in terminal decline (propped up only by cutting costs, but there is only so long that this will keep up the appearance of health - ask Capita), so I would say to anyone still employed there to get out at the first opportunity, taking as much in the redundancy package as you possibly can.

9. they'll never make me talk...

Fly you fools

....Fly

10. CronosFreeRep

A text-book case of what not to do with a company

This is a badly managed company.

I was hired by them at twice my previous salary, but it was a soul-numbing 2 years. My skills atrophied as the company, supposedly in high-tech, uses excel for everything.

Every few months there was a set of layoffs, the logic of which was to look for the most experienced folks and fire them.

I don't know how I survived the first year and a half. But after that I knew the writing was on the wall when they fired folks with longer tenures over nothing.

So I decided to just enjoy it and look for a job. I got one and hooray, the next Monday DXC called me to tell me they were terminating me and giving me a nice farewell package.

I was all smiles :)

My advice to anyone still there, look for alternatives right now - if you get another opportunity leave, otherwise save your money for when the axe inevitably falls

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like