back to article TigerGraph emerges from undergrowth with 2.0 release in its jaws

Database upstart TigerGraph has launched its latest platform, pitching the ability for enterprise customers to collaborate in real time. The business was founded in 2012 but only came out of stealth in September. Today it is launching its 2.0 platform, which it says offers more collaboration, and faster performance, than other …

1. Frederic Bloggs

'Scuse my ignorance

But does a "graph database" bear any resemblance to a "network database" that some of us older more experienced users to curse, before we became used to venting spleens at "relational" ones?

1. Korev Silver badge
      Coat

Re: 'Scuse my ignorance

I believe that they're the errr SQL

2. Lysenko

Re: 'Scuse my ignorance

Graph database = MUMPS for more "experienced" users ;)

3. Barry Rueger

Re: 'Scuse my ignorance of buzzwords

Without Wikipedia I would never keep up on my buzzwords!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graph_database

In computing, a graph database is a database that uses graph structures for semantic queries with nodes, edges and properties to represent and store data. A key concept of the system is the graph (or edge or relationship), which directly relates data items in the store. The relationships allow data in the store to be linked together directly, and in many cases retrieved with one operation.

1. Frederic Bloggs
        Meh

Re: 'Scuse my ignorance of buzzwords

Thank you for clearing that up...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like