back to article Storage snow big deal? Products vendors hope will sleigh, pole position startups and more

In this week's roundup we hitch a brief ride on a sledge to the South Pole, and watch the movements in frozen flash, hot HCI, supercooled software and more. Acronis Acronis has added a technology partnership with the Williams Martini Racing Formula One team, alongside its sponsorship of the Toro Rosso outfit. The Williams …

1. baspax

Cloudian

Seeing some solid activity from Cloudian. Their HyperFile gateway is very useful, especially the scale out controller functionality. Only downside so far is the shared storage/SAN requirement for the filer cache, which prevents a true commodity server play.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Violin

I still don't get this. Why would it make any sense to keep the Violin name? Surely these guys would have been better off changing their name to something totally removed from all associations of bankruptcy, disastrous IPOs and terrible mismanagement?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Datrium + Japan = ?????

So Datrium opens an office in Japan and then hires a Tintri person to run it.

Brilliant strategy! I'm sure that will result in a massive increase in bookings!! Go Datrium!!!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Datrium + Japan = ?????

Ah, there's that Datrium fanboy again to downvote me. You rock!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like