back to article Going soft: Kaminario exits the hardware business

Kaminario has announced it will leave the hardware business, and said Tech Data will build the certified appliance hardware needed to run its software. Tech Data will provide the K2 and K2.N hardware, with Kaminario providing the Vision OS, Clarity analytics software (getting machine learning and AI), and Flex automation and …

1. Teiwaz

Kamino?

I thought they just did cloning?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In No Man's Land

I think Kaminario's days are numbered but it has nothing to do with the technology.

For the size of the accounts they attempt to penetrate, they are underfunded and as a result understaffed, under-supported.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good software

Kaminario does have the best software, so it makes absolute sense for them to focus on that.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

GTM change...1 more time !

First targeting the HPC, then claiming General-Purpose, then SaaS, and at the end transitioning to Software-Only before releasing the famous K2.N, Kaminario seems in trouble as in the meantime they closed UK, lost their CTO and say good by to all their partners. I will definitely not consider this vendor as serious enough to put a single bit of my production data.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good People let go at K2

Sorry to see people let go @ K2. Good product, that is hardened, but terrible marketing. The whole SuperHero theme?? Wonder who is responsible for that. It is typical of an engineering company not to be able to market correctly and miss the target market; thus the redirection again. Dani Golan has his hands full and has good vision, however when Mr. Magoo is running marketing it is difficult for him to see anything.

I wish them Luck in the new strategy.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Leave the hardware biz??

AFAIC Kaminario was never in "the hardware biz "?

“Kaminario leverages Supermicro server technology to deliver maximum performance and efficiency in both scale-up and scale-out configurations,” said Don Clegg, vice president of marketing and business development, Supermicro. “

Go Halo!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like