back to article NetApp: You went all-flash, you never should've, um.. Well done

While still well short of its fiscal 2015 revenue glory days, NetApp has said its all-flash array sales are on fire, and expects more of the same. Revenues of $1.42bn in its second fiscal 2018 quarter were 6 per cent up year-on-year and 6.7 per cent higher sequentially. This beat Wall Street's $1.38bn consensus. Profits (GAAP …

1. RollTide14

Hi Haters!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...people have consistently predicted the demise of NetApp yet here they are

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How to get a head in business

" "We are undoubtedly out-executing our competition on all fronts.""

Aggressive approach, I like it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: How to get a head in business

Same old same old on the product front even with the addition of go faster stripes and flash.

What Netapp do have though is a semi coherent cloud story, even if much of it is regurgitated Ontap and in many cases whitepapers full of Pixie dust. That messaging does however resonate and gets them a seat at the table, providing ample opportunity to shape both requirements and lay land mines for their competition.

They've been doing the same for years with other Ontap features, it's just everyone took their eye off the ball whilst their numbers were in the toilet.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's going on with the El Reg Storage Desk?

Snarky, almost demeaning, comments about NetApp. But Dell/EMC' cratering numbers and Gartner's recommendation not to buy EMC until they figure out their strategy gets no mention?

This section of The Register has become completely useless and devolved into a constant Nutanix and Datrium lovefest.

1. snoggs
      Meh

Re: What's going on with the El Reg Storage Desk?

You need to adjust your snark-o-meter.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wait, this is snarky and almost demeaning?

"While still well short of its fiscal 2015 revenue glory days, NetApp has said its all-flash array sales are on fire, and expects more of the same."

"The firm's revenues have some way to go before regaining their fiscal 2015 levels but, at this rate, it should get there in fiscal 2019"

Toughen up princess.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lol, Netapp fanboys and employees have always been the Justin Beiber fans of the storage world. Attacking even the smallest criticism and reading everything as a slap while the general public just see it as a very fair and balanced comment.

EMC seem to have dropped off the face of the planet and Netapp seem happy to take on their role as evil-overlords-who-believe-they-are-the-anwser-to-everything.

I get it, Netapp actually have some good stuff but lay off the cool aid; you're becoming the radical fundamentalists of the storage word and it's not attractive to partners.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

when your numbers have fallen to tiny and insignificant, it's easy to show one quarter growth. Wake me when they finally advance to something other than regurgitating their storage products in a declining market, and their "HCI" solution is actually sold somewhere...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022