What is the end goal of these ridiculous crypto-currencies anyway? So far, from what I've read, and a small amount of experience buy a bit coin once, I've determine that:
1. It's _fiendishly_ complex to buy, use and sell bitcoins. It's not like just going to a website and buying something. Advice is sparse and conflicting.
2. It's expensive to convert proper money to bitcoins and vice versa.
3. The exchange rate varies wildly, thus making it a poor vehicle for... anything.
4. It keeps going wrong. I'm not talking theft, I mean bugs and controversies, that only the very knowledgeable can even hope to begin to understand.
5. There seem to be more than one cryptocurrency, only serving to confuse people.
What the hell is it all for? how will this actually benefit people? Can we actually use these things quickly, conveniently and simply? In a nutshell, I see this as just a geeky experiment for hipsters that has no bearing on the real world. I've not seen anything anywhere to simplify this so that people can use it as conveniently as a debit card or cash.
I know I'm going to get voted down for this, but surely I have a point!