back to article Sir, you're doing 60 in a 30mph container zone. What are you, some kind of devops cop?

An Israeli startup has devised a containerised traffic cop which it claims stops rogue containers from misbehaving at run-time. Aqua Security uses a combination of intelligent defaults, machine learning, and threat research to provide life cycle security for container-based applications. it supports both Linux and Windows …

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

And?

The current economic model for containers is a Bosnian cop.

Brother, you are doing 60 Euro per hour above the speed limit. Let's make it 30 especially for you because I like you.

So a "misbehaving" app simply pays a higher per-use bill until it stops to misbehave. This system works so I do not quite see a point in replacing the B&H "toll collector" hiding in a bus shelter where you cannot see him with his Western European equivalent (*).

(*)A traffic cop analogy coming from Israel is one of the funniest things I can think of. It is the only country where I have seen a traffic cop gunning down the motorway with the gas into the floor, blue light and siren still being overtaken by taxi drivers. On both sides.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wait. Is that a PHOTO of macOS?

I remember the 80's, where that was called a 'screenshot' because it was, in fact a shot of the screen. Ah, nostalgia.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Wait. Is that a PHOTO of macOS?

To me, it looks like a photo of a screenshot that has been printed out. Look at the crease on the right.

1. frank ly

Re: Wait. Is that a PHOTO of macOS?

Yes, but paper is more reliable than the cloud, as we have often seen.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Containing rogue containers

"An Israeli startup has devised a containerised traffic cop which it claims stops rogue containers from misbehaving at run-time."

What happens if this container cop itself goes rogue, don't we need a traffic cop to monitor the containerised traffic cop. Going on the Ring doorbell mishap and other cloud outages it is my humble opinion that this is the wrong model for such usages. Better, a distributed system with multiple paths in a peering arraignment, device talks directly to device, what should we call it .. the Internet.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like