back to article Symbolic IO CEO cuffed by cops, vanishes from his storage startup

Symbolic IO CEO and founder Brian Ignomirello was arrested last week on outstanding warrants and for allegedly violating a restraining order, it is reported. According to the Asbury Park Press, Ignomirello was cuffed last Tuesday at his six-bedroom mansion that he shared with his girlfriend and their two children in Colts Neck …

1. a_yank_lurker Silver badge

Another Toasty Startup

On problem with many startups is they depend on the charisma of one person. Lose that person and your survival is in doubt.

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

I think I could get behind the idea that all corporations get symbolic CEOs.

1. lglethal Silver badge

but preferably not ones that beat up their Partners...

3. Alistair Silver badge
    Joke

@ atcnsnwt

I like the idea of symbolic CEO's. So long as, of course, those symbolic CEO's can be expected to pay the corporate fines out of their pockets, do the jail time, commit seppukku, take the executions that should be allocated to corporates for breaking rules. I mean, companies are people too right?

<honestly I think it would make the business world a hell of a lot better in the long run>

4. SirWired 1

So I guess somebody else will have to be brought up to speed on their B.S product claims?

I guess this means that some new guy will have to learn all their B.S. claims well, so he doesn't conflict with the utter nonsensical and mathematically impossible crap they've been telling the press so far.

(Short version: They claim they "aren't doing compression", but magically have a way to "reduce" the amount of space data takes up in a fashion that works on all data, including random data. (This is mathematically impossible; it's referred to as the "pigeonhole problem.") And because that didn't raise ENOUGH B.S. alarms, they also claim you can take the output and run it through the compression engine of your choice to further reduce it. (Because they claim it actually "hasn't been compressed" yet, it's just been [insert arm-waving gibberish here.]

ElReg did an interview with these guys, but instead of asking difficult questions about how they are apparently they can violate the laws of mathematics, the idiot of an interviewer asked what the blinky lights on top were for, and why the Magical Hardware Module plugged in the back instead of the front.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020