back to article A 'Transformational License Agreement' – what merry Dell is this?

Dell Financial Services has today announced a string of sales and licensing deals to help customers avoid paying for stuff outright, even inventing a new TLA – "TLA," in fact. Here's a rundown of the buzzword-riddled agreements on offer: Flex on Demand – Customers pay only for the storage capacity needed, with a low-capacity …

1. redpawn

Dear God

They've ruined TLA. Now all I will think of when I hear TLA is Transformational License Agreement. Dell is indeed evil.

2. 2Nick3
    Coat

TLA?

Trivial Letter Arrangement?

Mine's the one with the BS Bingo cards in the pocket.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

TLA, TLA or TLA

Three Letter Acronym is what any sane person would think, but to Dell EMC it means Top Level Assembly which is what any sane person would call a Serial number. Now, we have a new level of insanity, whoopee!

1. EnviableOne

Re: TLA, TLA or TLA

Has almost as many meanings as MAC

4. a_yank_lurker

English or some other real language, bitte.

Did Dell let their shysters do some marketing? They could use something resembling English, French, Chinese,...

5. hpe_webmaster

Other than the ones mentioned in the article, there are several other buzzwords that one should be aware of while going for any IT deal. If you know such buzzwords, chances of scoring a better deal is way higher.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like