back to article Point-and-pwn tool for posers dumbs down ransomware spreading

Spreading ransomware has become a point-and-click exercise following the release of a file-scrambling malware interface for unskilled wannabe cybercrooks. The malware generator enables attackers to customise the wares using a user-friendly interface. Strains of the resulting WYSIWYE (What You See Is What You Encrypt) nasties …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Embarcadero boasts its Tiobe index results for Delphi...

... just it would be better to lose some users. They aren't paying one as well, that looks an application built with version 7 - circa 2001-2002

1. Alister

Re: Embarcadero boasts its Tiobe index results for Delphi...

Agreed, as soon as I saw the screenshot I thought, "that looks like Delphi or C++ Builder"

2. Scott Broukell

"Ransomware-as-a-Service" - I was under the impression that several major global corporations had upticked that particular box of tricks ages ago.

3. Flakk

"Poor thing. Poor cute, cuddley-wuddley, ferocious, computer-eating ransomware."

4. Peter2 Silver badge

Open RDP port on the internet? Really? Even our external facing home access server which uses RDP is sitting behind the firewall and requires a VPN into our network to access.

5. Fink-Nottle

> I'm Guybrush Threepwood, mighty hacker

Blandings has broadband?

1. Colin Millar
      Pirate

You're thinking of his brother Freddie.

Guybrush was the younger sibling who went a-pirating and ended up on Monkey Island

6. Not also known as SC

"Strains of the resulting WYSIWYE (What You See Is What You Encrypt) nasties have been detected by Panda Security in companies across Europe, including Germany, Belgium, Sweden, and Spain."

Have any other security companies detected this as well or only Panda?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like