back to article Wang, bang, thank you, mang: Acer exec off to sell PCs for Lenovo

The wonderfully named Marco Grieco Wang-Andresen, number two EMEA exec at Acer, is floating across to run rival PC maker Lenovo's ops in the same territory, El Reg can confirm. The latest hire fills the shoes of Francois Bourbons, the previous COO who was last week slotted into the top job in EMEA, following 15 months of …

1. Paul Crawford Silver badge

Good to see the crap-ware has not been forgotten by the decent press.

Maybe Lenovo could look at what users want and are willing to pay for, off the top of my head:

1) No crapware or shitty trials to clean off a new machine

2) Choice of OS perhaps? OK MS stopping Win7 ain't going to help.

3) Good screen size and resolution on laptops. None of the shitty <= 900 lines stuff.

4) Useful connector option: at least a couple of older USB-2 style, HDMI, Ethernet and maybe USB-C reversible types.

5) Some hardware switch to hard disable camera, microphone and wifi/bluetooth. Oh and status LEDs to match in a visible place (same for HDD activity and power LED - wtf were HP doing putting them on the side out of view?) so you know if on or off and don't arse around wondering what software is broken.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

6) Hardware that has drivers available for other operating systems.

2. PhilipN Silver badge

Wang

I realise this is the Age of Retro but I got a brief jolt seeing "Wang" in the title.

For the benefit of the children, Wang (the company, and also a bloke) was a member of a small group of (competing) manufacturers of "microcomputers" (sic) which boosted, indeed popularised, the entire industry from lowly beginnings. They also produced a top notch word processor. All way back in a previous century.

1. Gwaptiva

Re: Wang

And ruined a perfectly decent ice hockey club :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like