back to article Shock report: 92 per cent of US government websites totally suck

A new report into nearly 300 websites run by the US government has reached an unsurprising conclusion: they suck. What may be startling, however, is just how much they suck. According to the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF), a dramatic 92 per cent of the websites they reviewed had a significant flaw or …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Uber a little bit nasty

Other "headlines" you may have missed:

France occupied by French People!

Grass mostly green!

The 8% of government web sites that don't suck will be taken down and replaced with adverts for Trump branded properties!

Sticking your head up a dead bear's ass can cause breathing problems in 100% of test subjects!

And many many more!

Order today!

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    WTF?

So stuff that's mandated and monitored gets done but otherwise....

Who knew?

3. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

In other, other news Azure Window collapsed today

Azure Window collapses

A nice bit of click-bait that I thought EL Reg would have been all over :-)

4. Gene Cash Silver badge

weather.gov flunked the mobile-friendly test?? What the FUCK? I use them extensively, and they work fine on mobile Firefox & Chrome on Android. That score is complete bullshit. I use the local forecasts, the local radar, the satellite views, the national views, forecast discussions, marine forecasts, and a bunch of other stuff. I haven't ever had a usability problem.

5. zen1

Only 92%?

1. Chemical Bob
      Joke

That's after the Standard Deduction. Those who itemize their deductions only find that 88% suck.

6. Mikel

El Reg?

Pot: Kettle, you're black.

7. Joe Werner Silver badge

Optimize for mobile viewing...

... is a bane, the mobeification of the web (you know, wide banners and lots of pics to scroll through when using an actual pc) really ticks me off. Websites that were once usable are now ugly and devoid of easily accessible content. One of the problems are the very different aspect ratios of the devices, and text size of course. And the average teen's attention span...

@Mikel: ElReg has a mobile version of its website, works (for me) as good as the "normal" one. Put a "m." in front of theregister.co...

8. Christian Berger

92% of _all_ websites totally suck

They used to suck because of Frontpage or the HTML-Export of Word, they used to suck because of Flash, now they suck because of Javascript abuse and "responsive design".

9. Jos V

El Reg

You killed one of my favourite time killers, the reg app. With all it's shortcomings, it was still good to peruse through sitting in the pub trying to ignore annoying people, waiting for friends to come in (why am I always early to pub meetings?) m.theregister doesn't cut it for me.

Oh well.

1. dvd

Re: El Reg

The Register app was possibly one of the worst, most unreliable apps it has ever been my misfortune to download.............

10. Version 1.0 Silver badge

Typo

"Shock report: 92 per cent of US government websites totally suck" should read:

Shock report: 92 per cent of websites totally suck

There, fixed it for you.

1. uncommon_sense
      Pint

Re: Typo

"Shock report: 92 per cent of US government totally suck"

Fixed!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon