back to article UK recruitment biz Coal Intelligent Technology ceases trading

Contractors and employees at London-based tech recruitment outfit Coal Intelligent Technology may be left out of pocket after the company ceased trading yesterday. A letter from the administrator to contractors seen by the The Register, said the company went into administration on 10 February. It said: "The Administrator is …

1. Your alien overlord - fear me

Didn't anyone tell htem coal was obsolete thanks to Maggie. They should have called themselves Nuclear Intelligent Technology or something.

2. JimmyPage Silver badge
    FAIL

re: Nuclear Intelligent Technology

Not in the UK. We don't do nuclear.

Wind-powered Intelligent Technology ?

No wonder it failed, the signs were all there.

3. Tom 38
    Joke

They're relaunching as Solar Heating Intelligent Technology

4. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

If there's any money at all HMRC will get first dibs, staff second and contractors will be at the end of the queue as unsecured creditors. HMRC never take that into account when trying to claim disguised employee status.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

This is exactly why I stopped working with agencies such as H**** where the distance between end of month of work and payment rendered is 60 days, 30 days of which is them sitting on the money as they bill clients weekly straight off the time sheets.

I've also added discounts to my prices which are contractually annulled by late payment as that allows me to make late payment a LOT more costly than the legally permitted percentage. So far, so good (don't know if that will fly in case of problems, though, I'm quite selective in who I accept as a customer so I haven't had a need to trigger this yet :) ).

I'm not very fond of agencies these days. There are very few left that actually add any value. Most of them are rip-off merchants that are desperate for you not to find out at which rate you're charged out at, and given what I do, such secrets are *very* hard to keep (evil grin)..

5. herman

Clean Coal Technology

Coal cleaned out and came clean. Contractors left to clean up.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon