back to article FireEye execs exit, following hundreds of staff restructured into redundancy

FireEye has bid farewell to two of its top executives, who are departing on the heels of the hundreds of staff who left following CEO Kevin Mandia's restructure of the business last year. The enterprise cybersecurity outfit is still “on the path to profitability” according to Mandia, who announced the departures of his …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who?

This article would be better if it told us what FireEye does (or is failing to do).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Who?

I got ya covered, friend!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FireEye#Products_and_services

They make two very vague "products" which sound like nothing more than some fancy sniffers parked in your DC tattling on the traffic and back-end services offered at rates that will make your head spin. They are also the "first cyber security company to gain DHS certification" which is fancy talk for; government approved, so probably many back-doors and probably not all that good at any real threats, but no matter we charge the shit out of you and will send in very expensive ($1K/hr) admins to clean up what we missed.

2. davenewman

Who cares?

Does it affect consumers? Does it affect developers? Does it affect the whole economy? If not, why bother to tell us such trivia?

When they finally go bust and we can compare the CEO to Phillip Green, then it might be an interesting story.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We have a FireEye appliance

It's slowed our network down no end with it's mate, searchinform so the 10Gb links to our DC's act like the 2MB ISDN's they replaced (1Gb then 10Gb) 10 years back

1. asdf

Re: We have a FireEye appliance

Nothing having our sales team in place wouldn't fix

Signed management of yet another dime a dozen failing company.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I love the smell of management bullshit in the morning...

Actually, no I don't, but if I did then this article would leave me contented for a week.

5. Mark 85

Always a good idea...

Dump your best sales droids and then wonder why sales have dropped. Or, do an Oracle, and cut the commissions of the best sales droids. Did someone not take Business 101 where sales are talked about and how to get them?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like