back to article Who's been naughty and nice in IT storage – over to you, Gartner-claus

Just another sweet week in storage with a blitz of news candy covering archiving, flash arrays, compression and removable disk backup. Mimecast has topped Gartner's enterprise information archiving magic quadrant. It is some way ahead of Microsoft, Proofpoint, Global Relay, Veritas and Smarsh in what looks like a product space …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I could care less about storage in general but just wanted to say the WD Elements 2TB USB 3.0 drive I bought myself for Christmas is awesome for your Xbone. Runs cool and quiet. Totally irrelevant yes but WD to the end (years after the crappy Seagates have all been RMA'd) baby.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

you mean you care some, them?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ProofPoint? really?

This is the company who borked their email archive service last week with an overnight release that prevented users logging in when their username (email address) had capitals in it...

The same company who's archive search tool is so sensitive that searching for name.surname@domain.com results in different results than Name.Surname@domain.com even though its been told its an email address, not pain text and therefore not case sensitive...

The same company who imported our old archive and locked us out while doing it for a week with a "you're not licensed" msg, but when we checked the licencing tab... we had 400+ days left...

God help us if they're the visionaries!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon