back to article Tech titans tentatively trot toward Trump Tower to talk turkey today

US president-elect Donald Trump today meets Silicon Valley's tech leaders face to face for a frank chat about what to expect under his administration. Among the big names getting down on one knee and kissing the ring, er, we mean, attending the summit are: Apple boss Tim Cook, Tesla kingpin Elon Musk, Amazon founder and …

1. Woza
    Pint

Fantastic subheading! Deserves a beer.

2. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Devil

expecting good things

expecting good things to come out of this. I doubt anyone who attends that meeting would honestly complain about it [other than no longer getting any favoritism or any kind of 'corporate welfare']

should be fun, considering that just about ALL of them probably contributed heavily to Mrs. Clinton

Oh, and like the first poster mentioned, a beer for the 11-t tounge-tripping-title [there's 3 more t's for ya]. Or did he mean the 'Schmidt' part?

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: expecting good things

Sure, but for whom?

3. Voland's right hand Silver badge
    Devil

Is that Ivanka at the far end of the table?

So much for the business being run by the children and the reality TV star elect absolving himself from the conflicts of interest.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Adam 52 Silver badge

Re: Is that Ivanka at the far end of the table?

The boys have the business, Ivanka is being tipped for a government job.

How much control is actually ceded to the boys looks to be another Trump economy with the truth.

1. Crazy Operations Guy

Ivanka has her own businesses, like her clothing company where she was discussing a deal with a partially-state-owned Japanese company the same day that she and Donnie went to go meet Prime Minister Abe without any US government or Japanese government officials present (as is standard protocol to prevent conflicts-of-interest, ensuring that what is said is actually true, or just to prevent secrets from being spilled).

Now, I'm not saying that that is a clear instance of abusing power for personal gain, but I'm most definitely not not saying that...

2. Voland's right hand Silver badge
        Devil

The pic res is rather low, but isn't that the boys sitting next to her?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Welcome to the NEW swamp guys

Do you feel the sludge yet?

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge
      Devil

Re: Welcome to the NEW swamp guys

As someone on the reg said: He is draining the swamp all right - all reptiles are now clearly visible above the water line.

5. frank ly

It gets 'better'

Here's a story that you couldn't make up:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-twitter-tech-facebook-google-meeting-trump-tower-international-deals-growth-employment-a7475436.html

Did somebody make it up?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

Yeah. Nothing happened

This is The New York Times' take on the much-hyped meeting:

‘I’m Here to Help,’ Trump Tells Tech Executives at Meeting

They gushed over each other, in true Academy Awards style.

No mention of H1-B visas, or of Apple making iPhones in the US, or of Jeff Bezos facing an anti-trust investigation, or of the Google campus being surrounded by the soon-to-be-erected Great Wall of Mountain View - this is one of Orlowski's fantasies.

Those were words for the campaign. This is now. We're all friends now, right? Right?

Something really important happened, though: Jack Dorsey - Twitter - wasn't invited. Because he - allegedly - refused to make a Crooked Hillary Emoji. Real important stuff, it's all over the media. Discuss.

So, yeah. Back to our regularly scheduled programming, including H1-B's. The revolution will not be televised.

Did you really, seriously believe any of that campaign drivel?

1. ratfox

Re: Yeah. Nothing happened

I have to say, I agree with Twitter not being important enough to participate. It's not about size, it's about innovation.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Turkeys would rather vote for Christmas

... than Donald Trump.

Ovens are pretty cool compared to Thermonuclear War.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like