back to article Tell us your DevOps, Agile, CD and Container stories

If you want to take the stage at Continuous Lifecycle London 2017, you’ve got a month to convince us that your take on DevOps, Containerization, Continuous Delivery and Agile is the real deal. The call for papers closes on November 30, and the programme committee will be meeting a week later to chew through the proposals and …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tell us your DevOps, Agile, CD and Container stories

No, thank you.

2. Dan 55 Silver badge

Why do some developers at strong companies like Google consider agile development to be nonsense?

Goes some way to setting out how crappy agile/scrum is. Micromanagement, technical debt, and reducing everybody's job level to junior keybasher.

To which the reply is always... "Oh, you didn't implement it right because reasons".

1. AlasGou

Google is agile as they come, but they don't follow prescriptive "Agile" methods. They continually build, and deploy, software in the repo is always ready to go, they do incremental roll-outs . Each project is free to adjust and experiment with their process. They experiment and explore with different feature.

Aka Actual agile. Not consultant Agile.

3. Rusty 1
    WTF?

I've met a number of self-proclaimed DevOps. They were typically failed devs, and really didn't have the first idea about ops, possibly on account of being failed devs. I'm not saying they're all failed, just the ones I've met.

Agile should have a lowercase "a" - there is nothing special a dynamic approach to development that removes all responsibility for planning. Don't try to imbue a decent and useful word with hipster software trends.

CD, yes, I do like to listen to a good CD while working, thank you.

Container, while no direct contact with said article, I do believe that a lot of the kit I use and fruit I eat has probably traveled in one at some point.

Ooh, doughnuts! Why no mention of doughnuts?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon