back to article Apple urges court to hurry up with hearing Galway data centre objection

Apple has requested that the Irish High Court hurry up in hearing a legal challenge by three objectors to its €850m data centre investment in Athenry, Galway. The Cupertino-based business, whose intellectual property is held in one of its Irish companies, is hoping to avoid the delays of a judicial review, according to The …

1. nuked
    Holmes

I anticipated an expedited trial, shortly followed by the appearance of three new inductees to the Irish Times Rich List...

1. Roland6 Silver badge

I anticipated an expedited trial

Only if Apple have written out a cheque to the Irish tax authorities for the monies the EU say it owes...

1. Halfmad

Irish government have no interest in getting that money, if they went after Apple they'd end up having to go after dozens of other huge firms that they've been happily allow slip through the net.

Not that the UK is much better as leaving big business to do as it pleases when it comes to tax arrangements.

2. Velv
    Coat

I'm guessing they're not Fruit Bats then...

3. Mage Silver badge

I'm puzzled

There are loads of more suitable sites and even empty ones. Not posh enough for Apple?

1. Dwarf

Re: I'm puzzled

@Mage,

Keep up. None of the rest of them have rounded corners.

4. Chris G

B&B

Personally I'm with the local Bats & Badgers, they have rights and they are tax payers just like Apple is. Right?

1. MrDamage Silver badge

Re: B&B

Badgers? We need no steenkin' badgers.

5. Frank N. Stein

What??

Or Apple could build somewhere else, where their business, investment, and local job creation is wanted, by the locals.

6. hoola Silver badge

Threats.....

Typical big business, "if you don't give us what we want NOW then you risk not getting anything". I really hope that the courts tell Apple to take a hike and go through due process. This is just like those monster speculative developments for "warehousing and distribution". It will create 10000 jobs blah, blah. No fricking way is a giant shed going to employ more than a few dozen people. A huge datacentre is the same. Big splurge as it is built and then bugger all.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like