back to article 130 serious Firefox holes plugged this year

Mozilla has shuttered more than 130 serious vulnerabilities reported by community hackers this year. The browser-backing outfit announced the statistics in a post covering its bug bounty program and broader information security efforts. More than 500 million users ran Firefox at the close of 2015. It's since become the world' …

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Devil

How does this compare to Intarweb Exploiter?

So, how does THIS compare to Intarweb Exploiter?

And, even more interesting: how many of those bugs COULD have been exploited?

This does make me consider whether stability would be better than "add new 'features' that we don't necessarily want". I certainly do NOT like the 'hamburger' menu nor any changes to the UI that don't look like 'a traditional menu, with property dialog boxes' [i.e. not those 'web based' 2D FLATSO property screens that look like Micro-shaft's operating systems], and so forth.

In any case, I like the cross-platform nature of Firefox the most, and the plethora of plugins 2nd most. [What I don't like is when that "cross platform" tries to MICROSHAFT my BSD/Linux]

Perhaps SLOW CHANGE [not change for the sake of change], focusing on GOOD CODING PRACTICES, is what Mozilla needs to work on instead. Then they can have an extremely stable, W3C compliant, non-irritating software package that's relatively bug-free, runs on all platforms, and isn't "2D FLATSO" nor "too feely" for the rest of us that are running the classic mouse+keyboard interface.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: How does this compare to Intarweb Exploiter?

Perhaps SLOW CHANGE [not change for the sake of change], focusing on GOOD CODING PRACTICES, is what Mozilla needs to work on instead. Then they can have an extremely stable, W3C compliant, non-irritating software package that's relatively bug-free, runs on all platforms, and isn't "2D FLATSO" nor "too feely" for the rest of us that are running the classic mouse+keyboard interface.

That says it all!

It would also give those porting Firefox to what Mozilla considers non mainstream OS a chance to produce the latest, and supposedly greatest.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021