back to article Czech, mate: Cops cuff Russian bloke accused of LinkedIn mega-hack

Czech Republic police have arrested a Russian believed to be the hacker behind the massive 2012 theft of more than 100 million LinkedIn user credentials. Working in cooperation with the FBI and Interpol, Prague cops detained the man, named only as Yevgeniy N, on October 5. He now faces extradition to America to be tried on …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How long do you think it will be before Putin issues a statement about the racist West picking on a poor innocent Russian?

Not that I'm saying there's any link between the hacker and the state, but simply that seems to be Putin's current domestic FUD at the moment.

Anonymous as I'm allergic to radioactive substances, especially when administered by umbrella.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

the racist West picking on a poor innocent Russian?

Russian is not a race so no racism, no argument, no stand ;)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"How long do you think it will be before Putin issues a statement about the racist West picking on a poor innocent Russian?"

Easily checked:

"The Russian embassy in the Czech Republic is insisting on the return of a Russian citizen arrested in Prague at the request of the US, embassy spokesman Andrey Kolmakov told TASS on Wednesday."

They appear to want him handed over to Russia. I don't know the international law situation. Has anybody checked recently on Vladimir Vladimirovitch's endorsements, and who they're from? If Barack Obama has endorsed him for statesmanship and peacekeeping since 2012, it'll be pretty clear what all this is about.

"Anonymous as I'm allergic to radioactive substances, especially when administered by umbrella."

Please keep up. Umbrella is Bulgarians and ricin. Po-210 is via drinks. Poisoned or exploding cigars is CIA. Driving insane with feeble Latin jokes is Boris Johnson.

1. veti Silver badge

The FSB is nothing if not pragmatic, they'll use whatever works.

In England, umbrellas and tea are both obvious weapons. I don't doubt they would also deploy pasties, scones, beer, mint sauce, HP sauce, Marmite, Jaffa cakes, prawn cocktail flavoured crisps, battered fish, lamb balti or prawn crackers, as appropriate.

A health food nut might prove a challenge for them. Maybe that's when they'd break out the umbrella.

1. Paul Woodhouse

hell no, Stinky Tofu from TW should do the job...

2. Zola
    Joke

Can't be long until he tries the Aspergers defence...

The post is required, and must contain letters.

3. cortland

I SEE you!

Thanks to Chekia for leaving the faces recognizable.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like