back to article Crash test dummy? Love the excitement of breaking an OS? Fedora 25 Alpha has landed

If you're a chronic complainer and nit-picker with a spare machine and a willingness to suffer multiple crashes, weird screen artefacts and possible data loss: Fedora 25's alpha has landed ahead of its anticipated November 2016 release. If you want to help the developers by breaking stuff, don't risk dual-boot on OS X if you' …

1. anonCoward24

Federa?

Pimedo!

1. Cirdan
      Joke

Federa?

Pillowcase?

Awesome!

(Did I translate that correctly?)

...Cirdan...

1. anonCoward24

Re: Federa?

Good try! :-)

no, actually a Chilean meme, from "El Show de Juanelo" a comics blog, where the first to comment adds an icon with a messed up version of "first", in Spanish, "primero", thus "pimedo".

And for the record, the "Federa" was a typo elReg had in the original title (I see they fixed that now)

http://es.juanelo.net

the "pimedo!" image:

http://es.juanelo.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Polera_pimedo2-612x658.png

2. JudeKay (Written by Reg staff)
  2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Used Fedora up until they went gnome shell, fuck 'em

1. kryptylomese

You are missing out!

Fedora 24 is brilliant and there are a number of remixes including "Mate" for people who do not like the default desktop choice.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: You are missing out!

RE: You are missing out

Redhat + Pulse Audio + SystemD + Lynyrt Puttering, I don't think so.

3. Alistair
    Windows

I've had a hate on problem with GNOME since I first met linux, and live with KDE (it was hell for a while) or *box or LXDE when the resources aren't there.

Spinning this up in a vm later this week to play.

4. AdamWill

I probably shouldn't say this, but...

...most of the bugs you linked actually exist in stable release too. Yes, including the OS X partition resize one. Just, er...don't do that.

Most weirdness people encounter in 25 Alpha Workstation will likely be related to Wayland, which is the default for Workstation now; we know about quite a lot of the issues, but we'd certainly welcome reports of any problems people run across. Other variants (KDE, Xfce, Cinnamon etc.) still use X by default.

and thanks for the article, it's nice to get press on pre-releases so we get more feedback!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like