back to article Pure Storage’s FlashBlade is great on paper. But it's still only on paper

I'm not very fond of proprietary hardware. But, as I wrote in March when I saw it for the first time, Pure Storage's FlashBlade seems to demonstrate that Pure has all the attributes to become a primary storage vendor and compete on equal terms against the usual suspects. No longer a startup Pure Storage is demonstrating to …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fluff

Am I the only one that read this article and thought, "There is literally nothing here" ?

I'm no better off now that I was before I read it. Just a few minutes closer to death.

1. decoy_underpants

Re: Fluff

Agreed. Nothing added to the conversation here.

2. Naselus

Re: Fluff

"Am I the only one that read this article and thought, "There is literally nothing here" ?"

I've felt that after reading more or less everything Enrico Signoretti has ever posted on El Reg, tbh.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

did Pure pay for this?

what is the point?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

just had to laugh at this

"nice guys, good marketing, great products"

Good marketing - absolutely, great products - maybe, nice guys - no way. As a VAR, I deal with all major vendors and Pure is more difficult to work with than any other. They lose out on deals and get sour and blame us.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No mention that PSTG stock is at an all-time low and their rosy Q1 was an anomaly, and they are back to losing 60M per quarter.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

A lot of companies are at an all time low.

What I don't get is that they got some ~$470m from the IPO and since increased this to over $600m in positive cash flow - money in the bank. Are they purposefully reporting big losses while the market is down and stockpiling or what? Like the banks writing off losses?

What's that about??

1. wjthompson

From what I understand, a fair amount of the losses being reported is the 18 months if R&D and prep to launch this specific product. Funny, when EMC announced Nitro ... it was baking for 18 months. Nothing is secret in the industry :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022