back to article VMware aims high with a little help from its friends

VMware's extensive ecosystem has been a massive part of its success, as demonstrated by the fact that even when server virtualisation looked like a reason to stop buying servers it created an opportunity for Intel to make virtualisation sing and arguably left Chipzilla making more coin from virtualisation than VMware itself. …

1. Tanglewood73
    Stop

BYOWhat?

BYOWhat? Didn't that die out a while ago when businesses found out it wasn't going to save them any money after all..

1. Dadmin

Re: BYOWhat?

Thank you, elreg, for the acronym mapping! I've never seen those terms, even with my proximity to the mobile industry.

In reply to the above, yes! You would think that with the pittance and ubiquity of mobile devices of various security and use, your employer can jolly well spring for the cost of a mobe. I do not need to attach mine to a corp-net without extra compensation for my bother and the added "increase in productivity" it may or may not bring. Frankly, some of the places I worked at had questionable network security at BEST. No need to dirty my clean mobes with all that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like