back to article Stop laughing: Azure can analyse your mood in a crowd

Microsoft has taken the wraps off Azure Media Face Detector, a cloud service that can recognise people and determine their moods. Redmond says the new clouds service “can be used for people counting, movement tracking, and even gauging audience participation and reaction via facial expressions.” Microsoft's happy that the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

why oh why?

Would I want this anywhere near a system that I use?

One of the advantages of not working in an office (home based) is that I can look like shit/unshaven/etc and no one will notice.

Also, the first thing I do with any laptop I use is to put some tape over the builtin camera. No desktop of mine has ever had a camera attached (apart from one to upload photos).

Yours,

An ugly and grumpy old sod who would probably chack any lens pointed at them.

2. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Call centres have used “sentiment analysis” for years to assess callers' moods on the phone

Is this the reason why some junk callers hang up before I answer the call?

3. DCLXV

Now all we're missing is mood organs and soma

4. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Okay, this just gave me an idea for wearables - I want my HoloRiftVRthingyTM to have a display on the outside too, to show the world my official face.

5. fishman

Terrorists and criminals

Smile when you go out in public. There will be cameras scanning people, looking for suspects to be arrested.......

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like