back to article The beginning of the rise of the Planet Of The LUN Monkeys

There is no doubt that the role of the storage admin has changed. Technology has moved on and the business has changed, but the role still exists in one form or another. You just have to look at the number of vendors out there jockeying for position; the existing big boys, the new kids of the block, the objectionable ones and …

1. Ken 16 Silver badge

Technical Architects?

"I want people who look at complex systems and can break them down quickly, the ones who understand different types of application interactions and who understand the difference between IOPS, latency and throughput."

1. P. Lee

Re: Technical Architects?

I want people who look at complex systems and can break them down quickly: Solution Architects

The ones who understand different types of application interactions and who understand the difference between IOPS, latency and throughput: Technical Architects

Ops: Admins

Dev: Project Team

DevOps: An BA+IT team which isn't dysfunctional or functionally unbalanced. Sometimes the misguided idea that one person is likely to be good at a variety of things which require very different mindsets. To quote Cabin Pressure's Swiss airline CEO, "I'm a fly by the seat of my pants guy, but my pilots... I like my pilots to do things by the book - and you memorised it!"

2. fnusnu

You were doing so well until the penultimate paragraph and you had to go all d*v*ps on us :(

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Amen.....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like