back to article Galaxy S7 sales slay S6

Memory cards matter and waterproofing matters: analyst outfit Counterpoint says sales of the Galaxy S7 are 25 per cent higher than those recorded by the S6 after a month on sale. "In the US, sales are up 30 per cent, Western Europe up 20 per cent and China 10 per cent higher," the firm says. In some other nations sales are up …

1. Chairo
    Coat

Can't talk about others

but for me the missing memory card slot was the main killer. A fixed battery in a non waterproof phone didn't help neither.

Nice to know I am not alone.

Mine's the one with the waterproof phone with SD-card slot in the pocket...

1. OviB

Re: Can't talk about others

I bought S5 instead of S6 specifically for microsd card and replaceable battery. For the moment I find myself in no need whatsoever to upgrade (nevermind that I don't like the dish-like stainless steel appearance of S7). Maybe S8 if they put their act together concerning updates, otherwise no Samsung anymore.

2. Mondo the Magnificent

No surprise

Strangely it's the little things like the Micro SD card option that draws punters to a mobile

Samsung obviously realised the error of their ways with the S6 and reverted back to their winning format

Most people I know with S6 handsets were happy with them, they had ample storagem but the lack of removable media devices was a bugbear to some..

It just proves that it's the little things that keeps punters happy.....

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Stuffed apps

The memory card slot is welcome move, but does the phone still come stuffed full of unwanted apps that you can't uninstall?

Also, will it get OS security updates beyond a few months?

4. Sgt_Oddball

Do none of these companies pay attention to each other?

Sony dropped the sd slot and fixed the battery in the Xperia s. Then returned the memory slot in every Xperia since (batteries still fixed, but considering the stamina mode works as advertised and the waterproof ratings they've had on the Z range since that started, it's a worthwhile compromise)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon