back to article Wanna be a DevOps expert? You’ll have to be a Red Hat expert first…

Red Hat has thrown out a slew of new qualifications it promises will show your DevOps chops – at least when it comes to its technologies and those of a few chosen partners. The open source vendor has launched no less than five courses and exams covering: Developing Containerized Applications, OpenShift Enterprise …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. BoldMan

As far as I can tell to be qualified for DevOps you just need to talk bollocks...

3. Chris King

"As far as I can tell to be qualified for DevOps you just need to talk bollocks"

Haven't they just gone through their course catalogue, scribbled out "virtualisation" and written "DevOps" in big green crayon above the scribbles ?

4. BongoJoe

ummm

Developing Containerized Applications, OpenShift Enterprise Administration, Cloud Automation with Ansible, Managing Docker Containers with RHEL Atomic Host, and Configuration Management with Puppet.

I see words and I know what they mean individually. But together, like this, is just nonsense. Unless, it's a qualification to become a stevedore on Antwerp docks.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: ummm

I'll have nothing bad said about Antwerp docks, thank you very much!

2. kain preacher

Re: ummm

And here I thought my dyslexia was kicking in. Turns out it is just gibberish.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

systemD for Devops?

Makes sense. One dumb idea deserves another.

6. a_yank_lurker

Problem

What if the system one is using is not Red Hat? I doubt the certs would mean much there.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like