back to article Hacked-corporate-email-as-a-service costs just US$500 a seat!

Want to read a business rival's email? Dell wonks say hacked-corporate-email-as-a-service operators can deliver for just US$500. That low, low, price is offered by one accomplished hacker on a popular cyber crime forum and detailed in a Secure Works report on the cost of hacking services. The hacker charges less for raiding …

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Interesting. The TLAs could outsource some of their snooping for a fraction of their usual budget.

2. Lyle Dietz

Why do Aussie cards cost more?

I mean, I'm not complaining, but I'd be interested to know what the reason is.

Is it that they are harder to come by, or is it that they are more attractive because they don't get protected as well?

1. David Neil

Re: Why do Aussie cards cost more?

At a guess I'd imagine it's a smaller target market - you'd want a 'local' card to try and mitigate trigger an overseas fraud alert.

3. Stevie

Bah!

"... hackers are expanding their working hours "

Same tactic as Julius Caesar used when invading Britain according to Asterix in Britain. Upon finding that the Britons stopped fighting at four o'clock each weekday so they could drink hot water, and refused to fight at all on weekends, J.C. campaigned only during those times resulting in victory for the invaders.

I believe the proper response was given by a commentator at the time (in translation): "Oh I say. The cads!"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like