back to article Automic lets big firms play with DevOps in private sandbox

Automation vendor Automic has sought to counter the DevOps “whatevs” folk by offering a try-as-you-buy taste of its technology, as part of a slew of initiatives to entice companies to tuck into its full fat product line. The vendor is offering a try before you buy sandbox service for customers, operated on its own cloud, so …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

DevOps buffer overflow?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DevOps in the Cloud

As if the competition were not already offering JUST THAT for a few years already ... RunMyJobs ...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: DevOps in the Cloud

LOL ya right. That has been all marketing hype since day one. Enjoy your dead end job at Redwood troll.

4. Mark 110

Hmmmm

These "DevOps" articles are really f___ing thin on substance. Theres no real explanation of what the offer is. I know becuse I work it, but anyone else is going to be utterly baffled. And even though I work it I am consistently baffled by the "DevOps" projects I work on having a complete absence of Ops involvement. DevOps just seems to be the latest excuse for Dev to chuck things over the fence to Ops with no engagement til 3 days before release.

I know how I want this to work but the industry is just selling automation tools. There's absolutely nothing of substance around how this works organsiationally and my clients are clutching at straws. And I'm way too low a pay grade to implement the organisational changes that are needed.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: Hmmmm

The article doesn't even bother to ask if your clients would want to upload their crown jewels to "the cloud", or even be legally able to.

(We need an "old man yelling at cloud" icon.)

5. a_a

DevOps...

...DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps DevOps

1. JoshOvki

Re: DevOps...

s/DevOps/Buzzword/g

1. klebel

Re: DevOps...

Devops isnt just a buzzword. Its an opportunity that many companies are trying to address. If youd dont like the topic dont read it. :)

1. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022