back to article Uber woos security gurus with open bug bounty, loyalty scheme

Uber is joining the public bug bounty movement. The taxi cab app has recruited HackerOne to offer up to $10,000 for critical flaws in its servers, with additional cash on offer as a loyalty bonus. Last year, Uber invited 200 researchers to take part in a private test of its software, and over 100 bugs were found in the code. …

1. wolfetone Silver badge

Pity they can't find people to teach their drivers how to drive properly. I'm always in a near miss with Uber drivers in Birmingham.

Then again, according to Uber you can only work for them and no other company and you must have a modern car. I've seen plenty of Uber drivers brandishing another private hire firm on their car which turns out to be a smokey 1999 Toyota Avensis.

Says it all about a company if they can't even enforce their own rules.

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Rules? Fig leaves more like.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Pity they can't find people to teach their drivers how to drive properly. I'm always in a near miss with Uber drivers in Birmingham.

To be fair, minicab, taxi, bus and about 50% of "normal" car drivers in Birmingham drive like complete self-centered pricks with little regard for anyone else. I now presume I will get cut up / tailgated at least once on each journey in and out, that way I find I no longer suffer road rage.

It's got to the stage it's now safer to cross the road at a pedestrian crossing on green, rather than red, as at least you don't fall into the trap of thinking they may stop.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Do they also offer a bounty..

.. for finding decent drivers? Just wondering.

Personally I think the whole bug reward scam is dangerous - I get the impression that companies see that as more economical than doing it right first time, which costs more dev time.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like