back to article It looks good on paper, Pure. Will FlashBlade cut the mustard?

Today Pure Storage is announcing a new product called Flashblade. It’s definitely a bold one. FlashBlade is a new all-flash storage system which is targeted at unstructured data workloads: highly scalable, for files and objects, aimed at serving less latency-sensitive workloads, but still with a lot of IOPS and throughput and …

1. klaxhu

somehow ...this smells of a paid article. and believe me, this is the first time I am saying this in years of reading the reg.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yup, thought the same.

Looking at what's trending though there is a Pure conference on in San Fran right now.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Did they tell Cisco?

The last time Pure announced something involving Cisco, Cisco knew nothing about it and ended up publishing a letter stating they had nothing to do with it.

I wonder if Cisco knows about their involvement this time?

1. kiwistorageguy

Re: Did they tell Cisco?

Given that Zorawar Biri Singh, SVP and CTO of platforms and solutions from Cisco is presenting at Pure Accelerate I would expect that Cisco knows whats going on. You also can't release a Cisco Validated Design without Cisco validating it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Did they tell Cisco?

Yes, but last time I check there was NEVER a Cisco Validated Design with Pure Storage. You have them for EMC, Net App, IBM and Nimble. But not with Pure Storage.

Or perhaps you can point us to it?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

$1/GB ... most of the tier 1 Flash solutions are around that anyway these days!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon