back to article Systemax bleeds cash, reports $100m net loss for 2015

The cost of exiting its North America reseller biz propelled Systemax’s net losses to nearly $100m in calendar 2015 - but European ops might just be finally showing some signs of recovery. The supplier, in the midst of a turnaround strategy, offloaded the Technology Group reseller biz in December to PCM for $14m but then …

1. x 7

I don't understand it.....this collapse has been going on for close to 12 or 15 years now, each year getting worse and worse with more cuts, worse sales and bigger losses. Any other company would have run out of cash years ago.....who keeps bailing them out?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You are wrong

It was the strange choices made by the managing director before last which has been the problem.

During the economic crisis of 2008 things were fine. But sacking first line sales, customer services, accounts, finance, risk assessment, web content & development team, etc etc etc and offshoring them whilst simultaneously trying to be the smallest CIsco Gold partner and buggering about with the sales peoples commission structure and allocated accounts several times is sure to affect the bottom line. Oh yeah swapping the entire back office system for Europe with a badly written crappy package will cause issues

2. Kev99 Silver badge

I wonder how much of that loss is real cash money and not just paper (i.e. make believe) losses.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon