back to article Foxconn spikes six-billion-dollar Sharp scoff – for now

The $5.6bn takeover deal for Foxconn to buy Sharp is on hold after the ailing Japanese company passed new information to its potential buyers at the last minute. "Most of the contents of the material information Foxconn received on Wednesday morning, before Sharp's board meeting began on Thursday, had not been previously …

1. Gordon 10

bargepole

The large spate of dodgy accounting practises that have appeared from Japanese firms over the past few years if I were Foxconn I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

2. x 7

thats not an accounting hole, thats a black hole which will draw in every sucker who goes near it.

Beware the event horizon - its full of marketing spin

3. Klatch

Blunt not Sharp

Technology has moved on since the worldwide name of Sharp was everywhere, competitiors have swamped the marketplace and can afford to sell at a better price. To be Blunt, their global position is a good asset for foxconn dunno about their financial position..

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

and the deal would give the Chinese company...

Have I missed the invasion of Taiwan by PRC, or is this just the usual splapdash writing that makes us love the Reg?

1. x 7

"Have I missed the invasion of Taiwan by PRC"

financially Taiwan was invaded by the PRC years ago. If you dig deep enough, the ultimate controlling interest in most Taiwanese tech companies is in mainland China. If you can't beat your enemy in a fight, you can sure as hell assimilate it quietly.

1. PhilipN Silver badge

"If you dig deep enough, the ultimate controlling interest in most Taiwanese tech companies is in mainland China."

Utter bullshit

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

[citation needed]

3. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

[ citation needed ]

5. ecofeco Silver badge

And the difference will be...?

Sharp, like 85% of ALL consumer electronics in the world these days, was already Foxconn.

Makes you wonder who the REAL market mover is, don't it?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like