back to article Microsoft vs US.gov, Internet of Stuff, etc: What's up with 2015's legal cloudy issues?

Last year, I highlighted five legal issues for cloud firms and consumers to watch out for in 2015. Here’s a quick recap of how those topics developed during the year. 1. Microsoft and the US government go back to court Microsoft is taking a stand against the ability of US law to reach into its Dublin data centres and, against …

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

does not matter

The USA/NSA will get all the data it wants whenever it wants it.

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Irish amicus brief in the Microsoft case

As Ireland has raised this as a matter of recognition of sovereignty I wonder if, should MS lose, they'd raise it at the UN.

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

Re: Irish amicus brief in the Microsoft case

Good luck getting that through the Security Council.

3. W. Anderson

Realized lmits to USA control in/of other jurisdictions

In regard comment by " Trigonoceps occipitalis", the position and/or actions of the US Security Council will have no real effect on Microsoft taking it's case to the United Nations (UN) International Court of Law, which can decide unequivocally that the USA has no authority what-so-ever to remove data from Microsoft servers in Ireland.

This legal process between International jurisdictions may even result in the Irish Government allowing Microsoft to transfer such data to Irish corporation with a Microsoft close affiliation, which would surely test the will of the USA government to it's outer limits of International influence and control.

1. Vic

Re: Realized lmits to USA control in/of other jurisdictions

the US Security Council

I think that's what we're worried about..

Vic.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022