back to article Sony balls up PlayStation businesses, tosses outfit over to California

Sony is consolidating its games business into a single office that will be tasked with running all PlayStation operations. The Japanese electronics giant said that San Mateo, California will be the new headquarters for Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), a branch that will handle both the PlayStation console development and …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Corporate Responsabilty

Don't buy Sony - root kit, no I STILL haven't forgiven them. Disney - H1B shaft. So PlayStation is doing well, I don't play console scams.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Corporate Responsabilty

"Don't buy Sony - root kit, no I STILL haven't forgiven them."

Who does that actually leave that we can buy stuff from? Because what Microsoft is doing with W10 and the whole industry is doing with DRM is the same thing on a much bigger scale.

Sony made an extremely stupid mistake and got punished for it; I really think it's time to move on a bit.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Rootkits???? Were you even born back then? It seems you need to grow up, and perhaps some fact checking. First4Internet. Would be a good company to start looking at.

I assume you also don't use energiser batteries either for the same reasons

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/1280092304/Energizer-battery-charger-contains-Trojan-virus-warns-Cert

Or did the internet not instruct you to avoid that company????

1. Sloppy Crapmonster

First of all, too many question marks. I'm not saying you're an Internet Kook, but you type like one.

Second of all, it doesn't matter that other corporations have shitty business practices. This isn't a story about whomever runs the Energizer brand, this is a story about Sony. Stick to the topic at hand and you'll further diminish the Internet Kook label to which you've brought comparisons.

Third: yes, Sony is a terrible company. That's why I bought my (new-in-box!) PS Vita second-hand, and only updated the firmware to a place where I could make it do what I wanted, as opposed to what Sony wanted. It's a terrible PSP replacement, but now I can play every PSP game I've purchased (and everything I haven't, not that I've done much of that with it) along with all the Vita games I've purchased.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Top Tip #13:

To save money, don't, i repeat, don't make any more Spiderman films!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Top Tip #13:

I quite liked spiderman 7, looking forward to the new batman reboot.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like