back to article Zes, zir, zank you, zir: Zerto zucks in 50 zillion zucks in zenture zapital

Startup Zerto has picked up $50m in a fifth round of funding. Zerto's main product is Zerto Virtual Replication which protects, migrates and recovers applications in cloud and private virtualized data centers; think of it, crudely, as the Veeam of replication. It also has a Cloud Continuity Platform to protect and move …

1. O RLY

Headline confusion

While I appreciate creative headlines, replacing starting letters with "z" affects readability. The! Yahoo! headlines! with! an! exclamation! point! at! the! end! of! every! word! are at least generally coherent (if harder to type). The votes I get will indicate whether I'm alone in this view.

Cheers

1. Gene Cash Silver badge

Re: Headline confusion

I didn't know what "Veeam" was, so I googled it. However, I typed in "zeeam" by accident and got nothing useful. I was very confused.

1. teebie

"think of it, crudely, as the Veeam of replication"

I don't think I'm in the target audience for this article.

2. PNGuinn
      WTF?

Just assumed the article was another puff piece about facebook.....

El Reg - we want a "What the Zuk" icon.

3. PleebSmasher
      Thumb Down

I have a different complaint. "you" should be "zou" and "in" should be "zin".

2. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge
    Coat

50 zillion Zucks?

And I thought one was quite enough

3. nilfs2
    Stop

Not all that shines is gold

That "agnostic replication" is not so agnostic after all, fot Hyper-V it only supports very specific versions of SCVMM, not the latest versions; and replication to AWS does not support failback, if you failover to AWS you are trapped there.

4. dpk

No mention of the lawsuit between Zerto and EMC where it was ruled Zerto infringed on 4 out of the 5 patents EMC claimed ? Best to make hay whilst the sun shines.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022