@Powernumpty Re: why trust a third party?
1, Point taken... Although the last virus/trojan I had (that I was aware of) was the Saddam virus on my Amiga.
2. Only me accesses my devices, with the exception of see point 1.
3. don't need one... I know a strong password from a weak one.
4. I don't share passwords.
5. My memory is my version control... see point 4.
6. Possibly I hadn't thought of that, although I don't index my files with Windows search.. I don't trust it. I know where my sensitive data is stored.
7. I think you have covered most possibilities.. I do have a software firewall that informs me of ALL egress. Yes, some applications and services are allowed without confirmation so there is a weakness there.
Still so far so good.
I presume LastPass/LogMeIn will only ever employ perfect, intractable human beings, perfect encryption, perfect security and will mitigate every mitm attack. Elsewise why would anyone trust them?