back to article Furious Easyspace customers moan about 'random' site outages

Websites hosted by Easyspace have been dropping since Christmas with no explanation given to customers, whose complaints were only confirmed by the company this morning. Easyspace's customers are complaining of hosting problems and of poor customer service in response to their complaints, leading some to opt to switch their …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Vote with your wallet...

...and leave

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. a_yank_lurker

Cause?

I wonder about the cause such as a dodgy update or misconfiguring an update.

1. Mark 85

Re: Cause?

DDos? Those seem fairly common also. They have danced around the issue quite nicely so far.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Cause?

My guess: Easyspace uses Linode infrastructure?

4. flszen

Easy Come, Easy Go

Maybe they'll ease their customers back into connectivity.

5. jsbach42

Owned by EIG

This is hardly a surprise. Easyspace is owned by EIG... this is their typical M.O. I highly recommend anyone looking for hosting to stay away from any EIG acquisition.

6. Bruno de Florence
    Mushroom

In web space no one can hear you scream

El Reg ought to look at a Gradwell, a UK based outfit, which used to provide a 1st rate quality web shared hosting service. I have had 8 to 12 sites with them since 2008. Then they put in a new hosting system called Cloud Hosting. Since then, it's all gone downhill: intermittent unavailability of sites, billing errors, FTP space "thinking" it's full so you can no longer upload files, up to 2 weeks response time from technical support by email (used to be same day), the error ticketing system itself going tits up, a client control panel (from Parallels) not updating or showing inaccurate information, no acknowledgement of downtime, etc...

It does matter to an individual when your site is not available AND you had planned to do some work on it.

El Reg is welcome to get in touch if it wants more info, as I have it all documented, including a letter of apology from the Chief Exec of Gradwell.

7. Chris Evans

"...Apologies for any inconvenience caused."

If I was a customer of theirs that would annoy me

It should be: "Apologies for THE inconvenience caused."

Trying to down play the effects normally backfires.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like