Re: And the real problem is.....
What more do you need?
1) Dell installed a backdoor (root cert) on the machines they were selling.
2) Dell leaked* the keys to the backdoor they'd planted in their machines.
* In spectular style, to *E-V-R-Y-O-N-E*
Take your pick of "actual problem"
1) Dell is backdooring the machines they sell.**
2) Dell an utterly incompetent shambles incapable of operating a simple security cert management operation.**
3) Dell has exposed its victims and the networks to which they connected to an actively exploited critical vulnerability.**
4) Dell cannot revoke their backdoor cert and must rely on updates and informed victims to correct the problem. Some victims may remain exposed for years to come.
5) Zombie armies are bad.