back to article 'Anonymous' says anonymous KKK dump wasn't from Anonymous

The plan to out members of the Ku Klux Klan hatched by persons using the name and iconography of online activist collective “Anonymous” (PUTNAIOOACA) isn't going well. As we reported last week, PUTNAIOOACA peeps posted a Pastebin page in which they threatened to expose members of the KKK. Just such a list has since appeared, …

1. Your alien overlord - fear me

And what if Twitter released details of the 388 'hearts', how would those people feel being outted?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

... who are the 388 'hearts'?

2. User McUser

And what if Twitter released details of the 388 'hearts', how would those people feel being outted?

It wouldn't bother me at all because I have no idea what you're talking about. I'd Google it but the words "hearts" is a rather broad term on which to search.

2. msknight

"Just such a list has since appeared, but we shan't link to it mentions elected officials whose lawyers we'd rather avoid."

So you're not scared of Apple... like only the most, or second most (depending on whose figures you believe on a particular milisecond) powerful company in the world.

You're scared of Creedy's black bag, aren't you!!! And I thought El Reg was kink friendly. Pah!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm confused if it wasn't anonymous then surely they know who it was?

anonymous for obvious reasons that I shall remain anonymous about explaining for fears of being outed as not anonymous though it's all well and good outing members of the KKK what is the provenance for said data?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"I'm confused if it wasn't anonymous then surely they know who it was?"

Someone doesn't grasp the amorphous blob topology that forms Anonymous. Anon doesn't have a formal body; it's a title that can be co-opted by anyone that feels the need which is both its greatest strength and it's greatest weakness.

1. rtb61

The majority are 'Anonymous' in modern politics, the invisible people

'Anonymous' greatest strength is in numbers, they know where you live, they live where you live. It creates an effective fog for political activism because any one at any time can either be 'Anonymous' or not. So people are invited to anonymously join any 'Anonymous' action by direct independent involvement in what ever way they see fit whether individually or as existing groups.

This cooperative action being temporary and aligned around what ever political activist action, so rather than joining a falsely claimed anonymous group, you simply directly participate in what way you deem appropriate and proclaim that action as an action of 'Anonymous'.

Everyone can play, be it governments or companies just don't expect every one or any one to support that particular action. It all helps to obfuscate who is and is not anonymous and deflect conspiracy charges. Let your own conscience dictate the appropriate cause and the appropriate action to donate to humanity under the guise of 'Anonymous'.

'Anonymous', the people with no names, the people with no faces, the invisible people, the majority.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm anonymous!

No.

I'm anonymous!

1. AbelSoul

Re: I'm anonymous!

And so's my wife, etc.

1. Prst. V.Jeltz Silver badge
        Joke

i'm not

2. nijam Silver badge

> I'm anonymous!

I am legion.

3. Ole Juul

And so's the horse I rode in in.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

PUTNAIOOACA?

What does the IOOACA part mean pls?

1. Kane
      Boffin

"What does the IOOACA part mean pls?"

iconography of online activist collective Anonymous

Your welcome.

6. jake Silver badge

"PUTNAIOOACA"

YATUA[0].

In other news, by definition, annonymous declarations are meaningless.

[0]Yet Another Totally Useless Acronym.

7. Mtech25
    Devil

People's front of Anonymous?

F*ck off we're Anonymous people's Front.. People Front of Anonymous indeed bunch of w*nkers

1. Prst. V.Jeltz Silver badge

Re: People's front of Anonymous?

whatever happened to the popular front?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Happy

Splitters!"

2. Sgt_Oddball

He's over there...

1. Dabooka

Bag of otter noses anyone?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ouch my head.

We have people here posting anonymously about the pseudonymous anonymous not synonymous with anonymous. I may be oblivious, but the pseudonymous anonymous must be synonymous with anonymous since anonymous is synonymous with all that is anonymous their manifesto makes this obvious.

Posted pseudonymously anonymous as I am not synonymous with anonymous. That much should be obvious unless you are oblivious or unconcious.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Ouch my head.

On Friday afternoon I'm both, one follows the other

2. Swarthy
      Thumb Up

I wish I could upvote that more. That is an outstanding display of Seussian prose.

1. CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

> That is an outstanding display of Seussian prose

Or Sir Humprey-speak. AKA Mandarinese (not to be confused with Mandarin which is spoken by Real People(TM))

I've read stuff from the Cabinet Office that was equally unfathomable and impenetrable.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

"Or Sir Humprey-speak."

I was reading it to the tune of The Major Generals Song. Switching on the Youtube auto generated subtitles is hilarious!

3. mstreet

Didn't I read this in an EULA once?

9. silent_count

The pot and the kettle

Surely someone in Anonymous-land sees the spectacular irony of a group, which identifies itself by its members' anonymity, organising a lynch mob by outing people who wish to remain (you guessed it!) anonymous for the purpose of organising lynch mobs against people they do not like.

10. atarres

Anonymous why?

Straw man argument those stating why anon is hypocritically anon while they dox others. They are outing the powerful who have a tendency to ruin lives with their decisions. The hackers themselves may just be kids, or younger people with a sense of social justice whose lives could be irrevocably ruined by the influential people who have the resources to make their lives a living hell. Anonymity gives levels that playing field. Consider also this. If Batman was real, you think knowing he was Bruce Wayne would make him scary? His whole schtick lies in the mystery of who/what he is. We as the reader know the score, but if one reads the comics and his portrayal he is seen as demonic, a bat creature, and even among his peers who some know who he is a scary dude. It is their anon that makes them formidable. And against the powerful, that means something. When they know who you are their reach is considerable. I am not necessarily in agreement with their methods, but I get the why behind it and why it works so well.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Anonymous why?

> "They are outing the powerful who have a tendency to ruin lives with their decisions."

Not quite. They may be "outing the powerful," or they may be smearing politically incorrect enemies who have no connection to the KKK. But hey, it's the seriousness of the charge that matters!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anonymous IS Anonymous

So, let me get this straight: a group of out of work millennials that play video games all day and hack into people's email accounts claims through their very childish Saw-like recruitment videos on youtube that THEY are not an organization, but THEY are everyone (a movement?) says that the group claiming to be 'Anonymous' that is hyping up the KKK dump IS NOT really 'Anonymous'? How can they say that, when by their own claim that 'Anonymous' is everyone? lol!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Anonymous" = supreme judgement over humanity

Anonymous make no sense. They post profligate videos on YouTube proclaiming to be against the NWO / secret government, yet their actions are aligned with and enforce the globalist agenda. Their supposedly superior moral judgement appears to be the same globalist mindset with which the elite have been brainwashing the masses for generations. If anyone needs to be "exposed" for having an opinion then you don't have a free society.

Why "expose" a powerless group that harms nobody (they would be outlawed it they promoted violence) and just stages a few protests / rallies? Surely Anonymous must know it's not "white people" who run the world? Despite being the majority in the USA for centuries, laws are only ever passed to discriminate against "white people" and favour certain other peoples. The only racially discriminating laws in the USA are those granting special rights to first-nation peoples, and laws granting academic privileges to certain groups by racial origin instead of socio-economic status. "White people" are among the most under privileged people in the eyes of the law and those who attempt to redefine America's values. It's hardly surprising that some people, particularly those from less privileged backgrounds might want to join or support a rights group to represent their interests.

13. Breen Whitman

"whose lawyers we'd rather avoid"

I'd be more concerned at ending up as a set of coordinates that ends up in a USAF strike drone.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like