back to article Indian net neutrality fans tell Facebook to Zuck off

Online activists in India have published a stinging attack on Facebook and its efforts to provide online services in the nation. Savetheinternet.in, an effort organised and funded by concerned citizens, published their post in response to a visit to India by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. As is his wont, Zuckerberg conducted a …

1. Ole Juul

Trojan

Glad to see they're not all buying into this trojan. I note too that the letter is from "digital rights organizations and groups from across the world", so it's not just the Indians who aren't backing this horse.

2. Fraggle850

Yay! F**k the Zuck!

Guess they're all going to be going for project loon then? LOL

There are lots of enterprising techies in India, wouldn't surprise me if the country that managed a low cost Mars trip also comes up with a home grown solution to the problem of wider Internet access.

3. Your alien overlord - fear me

Well, the 'Borg makes a valid point, if you're not on the 'net you can't sign online petitions. He forgot to add that you can't have his adverts rammed down your throat either. A suprising ommision methinks (he's probably got a Delhi belly and is distracted) considering the lack of bandwidth he's offering.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Le Livre des Visages is NOT e-mail

"Before an increasing number of companies started making facebook their primary means of contact, I was able to contact them via email, which is an open specification, and not subject to the terms and conditions of one US-based private company."

This. Exactly this. Although I do hope for some sort of rollback in the wake of the 'safe harbour' erm thingy.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well done India

Keep on telling St Zuck to 'eff off.

Yours,

From a Facebook free household.[*]

[*] blocked in the Router so no visitors can get access.

1. Fraggle850

Re: Well done India

I'm Facebook free too, good call about blocking access at home. Not that many of my grey-beard associates have Facebook either.

6. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Care to weigh in?

"The activists also accuse Facebook of having monetisation, not altruism, at the core of its agenda and back up that argument by pointing to several programs in India that offer internet access without grazing on Net Neutrality issues and that prove universal access doesn't have to involve a walled garden."

...aaand over to you, Tim!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like