back to article TalkTalk website hit by outage, broadband customers also KO'd

Internet provider TalkTalk has once again been hit by an outage, which has brought its own website down and is reportedly affecting a number of broadband customers. At 3.30pm, outage website Down Detector recorded a spike reports of issues with the provider. The provider's website says: The TalkTalk website is unavailable …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

TalkTalk...

More like ShutupShutup...

1. Stuart 22

Re: TalkTalk...

No backup for their own site. Would they treat their punters any better? Thought not. As for their sales teams: my tortoise has more technical expertise.

They make even BT (in Plus.net mode) and Sky look good. Not sure about Virgin. If only Ofcom were empowered to shoot failing ISPs they would be doing a public service for once.

2. Fibbles

Using the word "actioned" should be grounds for a bullet between the eyes.

3. TheProf

Working here 17:49

Working in Liverpool. No web site obviously but that's no great loss.

1. Anonymous IV

Re: Working here 17:49

Working in Liverpool?

I'm sorry to hear that...

2. x 7

Re: Working here 17:49

"Working in Liverpool. "

Oxymoron ?

4. Gordon 11

Their mail was wonky yesterday (intermittent access to the SMTP server to send mail, and late/delayed arrival of incoming mail).

BUT (!!!), I did quickly get through to a support person to report this and was kept updated with the progress on working to a fix.

5. JohnMurray

28 days to make myaccount work.....and counting.

Wrong bills (not new)

Telephone staff not understandable (and not too bright)

Oh well...some things are constant and unchanging, in a changing world.

Talktalk/bad service/no service/no interest/no give a shit.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

TALK TALK - TAKE TAKE - THE THE - XXXX - XXXX

I don't check my account much on TT but every time I do there seems to be an ISSUE.

I'm now starting to think that I should reluctantly give in and move to the Murdock Empire as I never hear anyone complain about SKY service itself.

TAKETAKE!

7. hatti

Translation

FOR...

The TalkTalk website is unavailable right now. Sorry we are currently facing technical issues, our engineers are working hard to fix it. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

...READ

It's completely broken and we don't know why. Our engineers are all at lunch down the pub, just Matt, the work experience newb is holding the fort. We don't care because you pay by direct debit.

8. choleric

TickTock TalkTalk

Comment is optional.

9. wolfetone Silver badge

Just come up on the BBC that the site was hacked and 4 million records are affected.

Amazing how companies can have public facing websites that can easily access personal information that, really, shouldn't be accessed.

But it's OK, the ICO will come in and give them a slap on the wrist.

1. x 7

"Just come up on the BBC that the site was hacked and 4 million records are affected."

that was six months ago. Or is this yet another hack?

Strange think is, the AOL UK site is up and running, hard to understand how that isn't also affected

1. wolfetone Silver badge

Nope it's another case, The Reg (Finally) reported it.

10. Chozo

Meanwhile...

Shall be so glad when this is over so Talk-Talk can then find time to explain why they recently sold my name to a rent-a-thug debt recovery agency for an unpaid account that I never signed up for at a flat I moved out of over six years ago.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like