back to article Adobe to brick eight Acrobat, Reader flaws next Tuesday

Adobe will be brick over eight holes in a patch run next week. Acrobat will receive the lion's share of fixes; these include Acrobat DC, Reader DC, and XI. Adobe Reader X and XI will each receive a patch for versions 10.1.15 and 11.0.12 respectively. All patches apply to Windows and Mac offerings. The advanced notification …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why on earth does anyone use the dreadful and bloated Adobe pdf viewer (for Windows) when there is available the excellent Sumatra PDF viewer ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@readinthereg

Why you ask? Oh I don't know, perhaps when half my company has the full versions of Adobe Acrobat? Because we need the ability to create and edit pdf's.

Try being less smug. Just because your personal exposure is small doesn't mean you need to deprecate the exposure of others.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: @readinthereg

@AC

try and be a bit less fanboy quick on the jaw, read the comment it, says VIEWER and not idiots who pay for over priced and underwhelming adobe authoring software. Perhaps we should be blaming morons like your company who insist on using the thoroughly insecure and lousy PDF format in the first place.

2. Captain Scarlet

I get no choice, installed by default and simply reinstalls itself (Thanks Hell Desk!) if I take it off. I suspect nearly everyone in any company is the same.

2. s. pam
    Flame

How about they shitcan that fucking Flash ?

Flash is the real hole into hell from them and must be cancelled as a product now and put out of our misery.

They should get a clue that the BROWSERS are now blocking it and shitcan it now!

Flash is Trash - friends don't let friends have Flash on their computers!

3. TonyJ Silver badge
    FAIL

Adobe Reader...Flash.... et al. Bloated, So full of holes they may as well be classified as malware.

1. VinceH

Someone downvoted TonyJ? Do we have an Adobe employee reading El Reg?

1. TonyJ Silver badge
        Pint

"...Someone downvoted TonyJ? Do we have an Adobe employee reading El Reg?.."

I must admit, I did wonder at that myself... :)

Ah well, it's Friday. Soon be beer o'clock.

4. Velv
    Joke

Brick over the holes?

Can we not just tie Adobe to the bricks and let them swim with the fishes?

5. Stevie

Bah!

No need to bother on my account. I dumped Acrobat Reader after the latest "enhancement" insisted on pushing unwanted cloud sync features at me every time I opened it.

6. BenBell

All together now

99 bugs in acrobats code,

99 bugs in their code,

Take 8 down, patch 'em around

130 more bugs in the acrobat code!

(I'll see myself out now)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021