back to article Qualcomm’s first charger with Quick Charge 3.0 breaks cover

How would you like to charge your phone much faster? That’s the promise of Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and the first charger has been caught in the wild. Chinese website Chongdiantou has shown pictures of the device, which supports charging at up to 3 amps. Quick charge only works with phones which have Snapdragon 820, 620, 618 …

1. Your alien overlord - fear me

And what about Qi charging? No need for obsolete micro-USB or any other holes in the casing. And yes, SIM cards are normally in trays or under the rear casing, not exposed to the elements.

1. Alan Brown Silver badge

Qi charging is also movig to a higher current version.

Which is annoying as I've just reengined the setup here with Qi and QC2.0 for everything that plugs.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Except with wireless charging you still must carry a charger and cable with you when you travel, along with a bulky charging pad! I know, the wet dream of the wireless charging proponents is that someday hotels will have the charging pad built into the nightstand, but with versions constantly changing, that's never going to happen.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Seems faster.

Paris as she's up for a quickie

3. Steve Foster
    Facepalm

Ah, yes...

Obligatory XKCD.

(he says, surprised it's not already been posted)

4. Cuddles

"Quick Charge means that you will need a new charger"

No it doesn't. QuickCharge means you can charge faster if you happen to have a new charger, but you can still happily use any regular USB charger if you want. The change to type-C plugs is an entirely separate issue that has nothing to do with charging speed.

5. Kelenling

ESeekGo Quick Charge 3.0

I am using eseekgo quick charge 3.0, which helps me charge quickly. You can have a try.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like